Wednesday 26 February 2014

Journal writing class

    Hi everyone!
    Monday was a great day at journal writing class. We read some extract of "The Pillow Book of Sei Shonagon". She was a cortesan in Japan around the year 900 and this books is full of anecdotes and observations of her life in court.
   The entries we read are all in "lists" format. How cool is that! Our teacher, Briony, gave us some prompts (titles) from the book to write lists about. I never thought it'd be so hard! I'll post my lists here some other time. At the end of the class Briony invited us to make lists as our journal entries for this week.
   I was super excited and have written three so far (only now I had time to post them here... tsc, tsc)

   Well, here are my three first lists... (please, if you have any answers, or comments, or even suggestions for list titles, write them as a comment down there! I promise I'll try my best to use your suggestions... Thanks!!!
   Now, as I always say... grab a cuppa and make yourself at home! Mi blog, su casa! :)


24/25 Feb 2014


Things I think about when I can't sleep

1. It's still 0.40am!
2. I can't believe I'm writing under the blanket, with my mobile light on.
3. Damn you, pen charms! You're going to wake Craig up!
4. Mother, are you there? (reference to "Letters to my mother")
5. Uff! It's too warm! Feet out of the blanket.
6. I wonder what time exactly my mother breathe for the last time...
7. Great. Craig is awake. He's heard the clattering of my pen charms and asked if I'm eating chocolate under the blanket. Eh?!
8. Gosh! I haven't spoken to Pip for a week! Bad Dani.
9. I'm hungry.
10. Brrrrr.... too cold now. Feet back under the blanket.
11. I wonder whether my sisters are awake.
12. I'm getting up and having a buzumpa*.
13. What if I take one sleeping tablet?
14. Better not, What if I oversleep?
15. Aaaafffff....
16. What other lists am I going to write for my journal?
17. Ah... Idea! Let's check on Pinterest.
18. Oh my God! There are so many! I love all of them!
19. Hunf! Too many. I'll probably be writing lists for the rest of my life...
17. I give up. I'm getting up.
18. I'm up. Fire is on in the living room. Buzumpa in hand. Sissy on Viber! :)
19. Even my sister went to bed. I guess I should go back to sleep too.
20. Hey! A message from Emilia! Cool!
21. Puts! 3.34 already! Bed time. NOW.


*buzumpa: that's how Craig and I call milk with Nescafe.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

25 Feb 2014 (a more decent time now)

Things I'd love to have answers to

1. Why does a single train ticket always cost only a pound or so less than the return ticket?
2. What happens after we die? No, I mean... really?
3. Can a white lie be justified, ever?
4. Which are those birds I love to hear very early in the morning and at dusk?
5. Why can't we lose weight just by wishing it?
6. Really, why is losing weight so hard?
7. What do I really want for my life?
8. What's the meaning of life?
9. What's happiness?
10. Why are there still so many people starving and living in miserable conditions, and yet, loads of money is spent on wars and world cups?
11. Why is there so much hate and greed in the world?
12. Is there ever going to be peace in the world?
13. When is Jesus coming back?

 
                                                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

26 Feb 2014


Things I'd love to have

1. An unlimited credit card without the need for a billing address.
2. A secret magic money tree - in case they don't take cards... :o)
3. A house in Santorini, overlooking the sea, and with steps to a private beach.
4. An appartment near Prague Castle.
5. A puppy. Charlie would be his name.
6. Twins: a boy and a girl.
7. My mother back. (I dreamed about her again last night)
8. A "The Flash" metabolism. (haha)
9. Good health, always, for me, Craig, our families and friends.
10. My family living here in the UK.
11. A private jet.
12. The ability to draw.
13. The will power to exercise every day.


                                                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

See you tomorrow for another list!
Don't forget to post your comments or list titles suggestions! ;)
Dani.





0 comments:

Post a Comment